|Position Title||Blow Mould Machine Specialist|
|Position reports to||Technical Consultant|
|Start date||As soon as possible|
We invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the Blow Mould Machine Specialist role based in our Queenstown operation, situated at 1 Arkwright Street, Komani Industrial Park, Komani
THE OBJECTIVES OF THIS ROLE
The Blow Mould Machine Specialist will be responsible for but not limited to providing multidisciplinary engineering and operations skills to ensure general maintenance within specific unit of responsibility within prescribed guidelines. Responsible for affecting repairs to all machines on the entire production line with the maintenance team, resulting in minimum downtime. Trouble shoot, maintain, repair, and conduct preventative maintenance on facility equipment. Primary focus will be on maintenance and repair of production equipment. Manage preventative maintenance programs and ensure proper and safe operation of processing equipment.
DELIVERABLES OF THIS ROLE
- Alarm fault finding experience
- Maintaining machinery and equipment per required standard
- Adhering to planned and preventative maintenance schedules
- Ensuring proper asset management
- Limit losses and write-offs of product and utilities
- Reducing unplanned downtime on the production lines
- Improving OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency) on production line
- Supervising machine and equipment operation.
- Ensuring effective quality management during production process.
- Supervising people.
- Executing effective production safety/housekeeping.
- Supporting production to meet machine efficiency targets
- Operating/shutting down and changing over machines and equipment to prescribed quality standards
- Ensuring effective process control during production operations.
- Initiating and executing upgrades and/or changes for performance requirements.
- Performing administrative tasks (relevant paperwork to be completed – daily)
What Education, Core Knowledge and Experience will afford me this opportunity?
- Matric/ Grade 12 with Mathematics and Science
- Qualified Artisan (Fitter/ Millwright or Electrical) plus minimum N4 qualification
- Trade Test, Diploma (NQF 6+)
- Trained by OEM on Rotary PET blow mould machines and certified as competent by OEM – Krones equipment would be an added advantage.
- Must be in possession of a Code 08 (B) driver’s license
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in FMCG environment
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, speed drives, fillers, and labellers
What demonstrated competencies are key to success in this role?
• Fully competent in either electrical o mechanical
• Good Communication skill
• Hard Worker
• PET Plant maintenance experience (good understanding of preforms, blow moulding, electronic fillers, high speed wrap around labels, packer and palletizers)
• Equipment knowledge on PET injectors, and Krones packaging equipment advantageous
• Process knowledge in syrup make-up and service equipment advantageous
• Physically competent
• Consistently behaves in a manner that is appropriate and professional
• Able to work quickly and under pressure