The Manufacturing Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant with the overall responsibility of production, manufacturing, people, processes, compliance, and costs. They develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality, and productivity.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Plan, organize, direct, and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed customers’ expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Collect and analyze data to minimize costs i.e., waste / overtime etc.
- Commit to plant safety procedures
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
Skills & competencies required for the role include:
- Contributing to senior management teams by actively participating as a committed member of the Leadership team and working across other functions to help & support company goals and deliverables.
- Bias for action, drives for results and values outcomes over activities.
- A strategic and nuanced thinker with the ability to integrate complex information from multiple sources and drive ground-breaking solutions to issues.
- Strategic agility can translate vision and strategy into own and others priorities and into daily work activities.
- Ability to lead and influence ideas and people by articulating a compelling and inspired vision and motivating and mobilising individuals and parties towards this common goal.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity – comfortable with the unknown.
- Strong stakeholder engagement – influencing and challenging skills
- Evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
- Holding people accountable and building or leading high performing teams.
- Managing and leading change
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions, business units and teams.
- Integrity, credibility, diplomacy, consistency, confidence, resilience, tenacity, humility, stature, and an impeccable personal reputation are all key personal attributes required in this role
- Appreciation of the business environment and the ability to determine the appropriate response to emerging issues with potential impact to the company’s business.
- Problem solver with an innovative, resourceful, and pragmatic approach.
- High levels of resilience and tenacity.
Knowledge & experience required:
- Academic background Bachelor degree is essential;
- Degree (Manufacturing / Technical) is an added advantage
- 5-10 years of relevant corporate experience;
- Food, beverage, or high-speed packaging experience;
- At least 3 years at a senior or executive level;
- Strong track record of delivering results in a Manufacturing role;
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resource, leadership, production methods, and coordination of people and resources;
- Proven track record in management & managing employee engagement;
- Proven work experience as a Plant Manager
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
Package & Benefits
- Highly Attractive CTC market related
- Company Performance Bonuses
- Company Cell Phone
- Company Laptop