Safeguarding your privacy and the security of your personal information is important to us. Please take a few minutes to read the following policy so that you understand how we treat your personal information. As we continuously improve and expand our services, this policy might change, so please check it periodically.
PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
- Registration Forms – If you are offered the opportunity to enter a promotion, to become a registered user of our Web Site or Applications, or to opt-in to receive our product information through another site or the Applications, you must apply by filling out the registration form on the site or the Application. This form requires certain personally identifiable information that may include, without limitation, your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, areas of interest, product usage, credit/debit card number(s) with associated expiration date(s), CVV and billing zip code(s), and/or a unique individual password.
- Transactions and Activity – If you become a registered user or if you conduct transactions through the Web Sites or an Application, we will collect information about the transactions you engage in while on the Web Sites or Application and your other activity on the site or Application. This information may include, without limitation, areas of the Web Sites or Application that you visit, transaction type, content that you view, download or submit, transaction amount, payment, and billing information as well as the nature, quantity and price of the goods or services you exchange and the individuals or entities with whom you communicate or transact business.
- Email and other voluntary communications – You may also choose to communicate with us through email, via our Web Sites, via the Applications, by telephone, in writing, or through other means. We collect the information in these communications, and such information may be personally identifiable.
NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
When you visit our Web Sites and Applications, like when you visit most other web sites and applications, certain anonymous information about your visit is automatically logged, which may include information about the type of browser you use, the server name and IP address through which you access the internet (which identifies the company providing you internet access and general geographic information), the date and time you access the site, the pages you access while at our Web Sites, and the internet address of the web sites, if any, from which you linked directly to our Web Sites or Application. This information is not personally identifiable.
We may use the personally identifiable information collected through our Web Sites or Applications primarily for such purposes as:
- helping to establish and verify the identity of users;
- opening, maintaining, administering and servicing users’ accounts or memberships;
- processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications;
- providing services and support to users;
- improving the Web Sites, including tailoring it to users’ preferences;
- providing users with product or service updates, promotional notices and offers, and other information about Twizza and its affiliates;
- responding to your questions, inquiries, comments and instructions;
- protecting our systems from fraud and unlawful access;
- maintaining the security and integrity of its systems.
We use the anonymous browsing information collected automatically by its servers primarily to help it administer and improve its Web Sites and Applications. We may also use aggregated anonymous information to provide information about our Web Sites and Applications to potential business partners and other unaffiliated entities. Again, this information is not personally identifiable.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Twizza does not provide personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties for their use in marketing directly to you. Twizza may use unaffiliated companies to help it maintain and operate its Web Sites, Applications, payment processing, or for other reasons related to the operation of its business, and those companies may receive your personally identifiable information for that purpose. These companies may only use such personally identifiable information for the purpose or performing those functions and may not use it for any other purpose. We may also disclose personally identifiable information about you in connection with legal requirements, such as in response to an authorised subpoena, governmental request or investigation, or as otherwise permitted by law.
The Web Sites and Applications are directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 13 or older. Twizza will not approve applications of or establish or maintain registrations for any child whom Twizza knows to be under the age of 13. Twizza does not solicit or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If Twizza nevertheless discovers that it has received personally identifiable information from an individual who indicates that he or she is, or whom Twizza otherwise has reason to believe is, under the age of 13, Twizza will delete such information from its systems. Additionally, a child’s parent or legal guardian may request that the child’s information be corrected or deleted from our files by requesting this via our page.
COOKIES AND ADVERTISERS
The Twizza Web Sites and Applications server, or the servers of companies that are used to operate the Web Sites and Applications, may place a “cookie” on your computer or store data in your computer browser in order to allow you to use the Web Sites and Applications and to personalise your experience.
A “cookie” is a small piece of data that can be sent by a web server to your computer, which then may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies and browser storage allow us to recognise your computer while you are on our Web Sites and Applications and help customise your online experience and make it more convenient for you. Cookies and browser storage are also useful in allowing more efficient log-in for users, tracking transaction histories and preserving information between sessions. The information collected from cookies and browser storage may also be used to improve the functionality of the Web Sites and Applications.
Most web browser applications have features that can notify you when you receive a cookie or prevent cookies from being sent. If you disable cookies, however, you may not be able to use certain personalised functions of the Web Sites.
RETARGETING AND ONLINE BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING
Retargeting is a way to use non-personal information to remind you on other websites that you were browsing our Web Sites previously with the goal to bring you back to our site. Twizza may use the non-personal information collected on its Web Site for online behavioral advertising purposes including retargeting and to customise ads to you when you visit other sites.
In order to provide service to you, we may send you communications related to your transactions, security or the administration of the Web Sites or Applications. From time to time, Twizza and its affiliates may also wish to send you other messages or updates about our Web Sites and Applications, our affiliates, or their promotions and other activities. If you do not wish to receive non-transaction/security related communications form us or our affiliates, please send an email containing your request via our home page.
Twizza maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help guard personally identifiable information. If transactions are offered on the Web Sites or Applications, transaction information is transmitted to and from Twizza in encrypted form using industry-standard secure connections to help protect such information from interception. Twizza restricts authorised access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to know that information to provide products or services to you and those persons you have authorised to have access to such information. Credit/debit card number(s) you elect to provide on file as part of your online profile for use when placing an order through our Web Sites or Applications will be tokenised and maintained in an encrypted format by a third party provider to further lower any risk. It is your responsibility to protect the integrity of your own account by keeping your account name and password safe. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the internet cannot be completely protected against unauthorised interception.
Twizza reserves the right to modify or supplement this policy at any time. If a material change to the terms of this policy is made, Twizza will post a notice on its homepage and a link to the new policy.
Should you have any queries regarding this Policy, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +27 (0) 10 055 1800. Please ensure that you do not include sensitive information such as your card details in your e-mails to us as electronic communications are not always secure.
THE INFORMATION REGULATOR
You may lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator if you believe that we have not complied with this Policy. The Information Regulator can be contacted on:
The Information Regulator
Telephone: 012 406 4818
Fax: 086 500 3351